Accessible Page Links


Page Tools

Main page Content

Our school

The Mirani Provisional School was chartered, enrolling 30 pupils, with the first Head Teacher being Mr George William Seamen Routh and opened on January 18, 1892.

Mirani was originally a cattle property owned by Charles Rawson with the homestead just near the sight of the original Mirani school. Mirani school and subsequently it's schooling outposts of Mia Mia, Brightly and Mount Martin have marked the milestones of history of the Mirani district since then. The school centenary was celebrated in 1992.

Approval for a Secondary Department was granted, beginning in the new school year of 1961. The new headmaster was Mr Colin Humphreys and the first class of Grade 9 was enrolled, with 30 students.

In 1966 approval was given for the erection of a new Primary School on a new site in Mirani. The school was to comprise two wings. The school was officially opened on 22nd June 1968 and the High School became a separate entity.

These buildings are still in use today.